Compassionate, Welcoming And Caring

Statue of Liberty
  1. Home
  2.  » Humanitarian Applications

Helping The Vulnerable Find Refuge In The U.S.

If you believe that your life is threatened in your home country, you may find safe harbor in the United States. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) offers humanitarian relief through a program that allows temporary residence in the U.S. to foreign nationals who qualify.

Meeting the requirements for humanitarian parole may allow you to avoid the standard visa application process and may streamline your entry to the U.S. As with other immigration programs, it can be difficult to know what steps to take if you do not have a strong legal background. At Brill & Medina, LLP, our attorneys and staff understand this process and are able to guide you through it.

Call our Hempstead office at 516-489-8786 to schedule a consultation and learn whether you qualify for humanitarian parole in the U.S. We serve clients nationwide.

What You Need To Know About Humanitarian Visas

Humanitarian visas are provided to individuals who can show that they have an urgent need to leave their home country and relocate to the U.S. Circumstances that the USCIS considers “urgent” include:

  • Individuals are facing oppression, harm or prosecution in their home country.
  • Foreign nationals have a critical medical emergency, are donating organs to a U.S. citizen, or need to tend to a critically ill relative in the U.S.
  • Applicants need humanitarian aid because their home country has experienced a natural disaster.

These are just a few of the many critical or urgent scenarios that may be used to support a request for the humanitarian relief program. Do not hesitate to contact us to learn about other qualifying situations.

Identifying The Right Solution For Your Situation

If our lawyers determine that you have a favorable case, we will search for the most efficient option for obtaining humanitarian relief. We are qualified to help clients apply for humanitarian parole through:

  • Temporary Protected Status: this could allow you to live and work in the U.S. for a specified period of time.
  • U visas: this could be an option for you and your immediate family if you’ve been a victim of a crime in the U.S.
  • Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) application for victims of domestic violence: if you are a spouse, former spouse, child or parent of a child who has suffered abuse at the hands of a U.S. citizen or lawful U.S. resident, you may have the right to remain in the country.
  • Asylum, withholding of removal, or protection under the Convention Against Torture: if returning to your country could result in torture, we can apply for this protection to keep you safely in the U.S.
  • Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA): if you fled Nicaragua, Salvador or Guatemala to flee poverty or violence in the 1980s, you may qualify for Suspension of Deportation in the U.S.
  • Travel permit requests: we understand the complexities of obtaining travel permits as an immigrant and can help you do so efficiently.

It is important to work with an attorney who is well-versed in the humanitarian parole application process. Choosing the incorrect type of visa to file can add months to your immigration journey or can end it prematurely. Each of our attorneys is licensed to represent you and has the experience required to help you achieve your goal.

You Do Not Need To Face This Situation Alone. Contact Us.

At Brill & Medina, LLP, we are passionate about protecting our clients’ well-being. Please contact us to discuss your urgent situation with an immigration lawyer. We will respond promptly. You can reach our New York firm by calling 516-489-8786 or completing our online contact form.

Se habla español.