Protecting Your Future When Deportation Puts Your Dream At Risk
The threat of removal or deportation can put an end to your American dream and upend your family’s long-term goals. It is important to take prompt, effective action if you or a loved one has received a deportation order or is being held in a detention facility. At Brill & Medina, LLP, in Hempstead, our immigration lawyers will help you do just that.
Our attorneys share decades of combined legal experience with complex immigration concerns, including deportation and removal defense. The laws and processes that govern these proceedings change frequently, but we remain up to date on these revisions. You can depend on us to give you knowledgeable legal advice about your situation. As your legal advocate, we will zealously defend your rights to remain in the country. We serve clients nationwide.
Customizing An Effective Defense Against A Deportation Or Removal
There are a variety of strategies that we may be able to use during your defense, including filing:
- Defensive asylum applications: requesting the U.S. allow you to remain in the country to avoid persecution in your homeland.
- Cancellation of Removal of Non-Permanent Residents applications: helping you meet the necessary requirements to apply for the cancellation of your removal.
- Cancellation of Removal of Lawful Permanent Residents applications: when circumstances such as a criminal record, create a situation in which your permanent resident status could be revoked.
- Motions to reopen/reconsider: when new facts come to light or their was an error in a perviously made immigration decision, we will fight to get your case reexamined.
- Readjustment of Status applications: an option that might eliminate the need for you to return to your country of origin to complete visa processing before you’re granted a Green Card.
- Appeals to the Board of Immigration Appeals: if necessary, we can take your case before the highest administrative body in the immigration system.
- Petitions for Review before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit: we will fight to ensure the proceedings and outcome of your case were fair.
- Mandamus actions in federal courts: when necessary, we will assert your best interests by using this action to ensure proper actions are taken by authorities in your case.
- Habeas corpus motions in federal courts: if there is doubt regarding the legality of your incarceration, we will fight to have your case reviewed by the federal court.
We know that your situation is unique, which is why we customize our representation according to your circumstances. This tailored approach allows us to present effective, persuasive arguments before judges and other immigration officials. Your story needs to be told. Allow us to serve as your voice in these proceedings.
There’s no Time to Waste In These Matters. Contact Us Today.
Ignoring this situation won’t make it disappear. You need to take an active, aggressive stance, and we can help. Talk to a proven immigration attorney.
Se habla español.